Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Subliminal Messages

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Subliminal Messages Empty
PostSubject: Subliminal Messages   Subliminal Messages Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 5:25 pm

What do Subliminal message do, and why do they work?

Subliminal messages enter the brain at a level high enough for the subconscious mind to see, hear and understand, but low enough so that the conscious mind is not aware and will not block them. In this way, subliminal messages are able to remove negative thoughts, behaviours and habits and to communicate positive suggestions directly to the subconscious.

So the primary reason subliminal messages are so influential, is because they bypass the critical filtering aspects of the conscious mind. They go directly to the regulating files we keep to direct our behaviour.

Source: http://www.sleeplearning.com/html/subliminal_message.htm

The Original Experiments

Subliminal stimulation of the subconscious mind first came to the attention of the general public in 1957 when market researcher James Vicary conducted a controversial research experiment in a Fort Lee, New Jersey, movie theater. In this well-publicized experiment, the subliminal messages, Hungry? Eat popcorn. Thirsty? Drink Coca-Cola, were flashed on a movie screen every five seconds, for a duration of only a fraction of a second between frames of the Kim Novak movie, Picnic. The results that were reported were that there was a dramatic increase in the sales of popcorn and cola.

Source: http://www.deeptrancenow.com/subliminal_messages.htm

Subliminal Messages Reduce Shoplifting

An article in TIME magazine in 1979, titled, Secret Voices,' reported that nearly 50 department stores in the U.S. and Canada were using subliminal messages in the music systems to reduce shoplifting and employee theft. One East Coast chain was reported to have reduced theft by 37%, amounting to the phenomenal savings of $600,000 over a nine-month period.

A similar story in the WALL STREET JOURNAL in 1980 stated the installation of a subliminal message system in a New Orleans supermarket accounted for a drop in pilferage loss from almost $50,000 per six months to the astounding figure of less than $13,000' an all time low! Cashier shortages dropped from $125 per week to less than $10 per week. Subliminal messages found to be effective were statements like, I take a great deal of pride in being honest. I will not steal. I am honest.

Source: http://www.deeptrancenow.com/subliminal_messages.htm

Right and left Hemisphere

Your brain is the most incredibly complex data processing system on the planet. For centuries, scientists have been unraveling the mysteries of how this complex organ works. It was only recently that the separate functions of the right and the left hemispheres of the brain have been identified. Herein lies the most exciting clue yet uncovered for harnessing the unlimited powers of your brain and eliminating the self-sabotaging habits deeply embedded in your subconscious.

Brain researchers have documented the differing reactions of the two hemispheres of the brain to subliminal messages.

The Left Hemisphere: The left hemisphere of the average right-handed person is the more cerebral. It predominates speech, reading, writing, and thinking (controls your logic and reason centers). It analyzes the information it receives and organizes it into a logical framework. To sidestep your rational left hemisphere's resistance to positive messages that may conflict with its negative habits, use permissive messages such as, "It's OK to succeed," (using direct statements can trigger all kinds of negative self-talk from the left brain, such as, "succeed? I've never succeeded at anything. What makes this time different?").

The Right Hemisphere: The right hemisphere in contrast tends to be more involved with feelings, visual impressions, and creativity (controls the creative, intuitive mind), and is non-discriminating. It absorbs information without question or analysis. It is here that early childhood messages such as, "you'll never amount to anything," are stored, although you may not be aware of them. No matter how much you try to re-program negative messages on the conscious level, the emotional imprint is so deeply embedded within the subconscious mind that the negative thoughts will prevail. To counteract years of negative programming, use authoritative statements that are readily accepted by the right hemisphere. Such as: "I succeed at everything I do."

Source: http://www.sleeplearning.com/html/subliminal_message.htm

Should it be allowed to use these techniques to influence people?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Messages   Subliminal Messages Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:07 pm

I need one Subliminal message to stop my net usage at work!! jajaja
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Messages   Subliminal Messages Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:51 pm

I could probably make that, but that would make you visit our forum less frequently. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Messages   Subliminal Messages Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 2:01 am

Vlad wrote:
I need one Subliminal message to stop my net usage at work!! jajaja
Wait, internet @ work isn't ment for that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subliminal Messages   Subliminal Messages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Subliminal Messages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chit-Chat :: Serious Chit-Chat-
Jump to: