Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Primate zoo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:03 pm

We went to de apenheul yesterday, it's kind of like a zoo, but with primates. And half of the animals are not in cages, but walk around amongst the human visitors.

It was a really great way to get close enough to take good pictures of them.

A ringtail jumped on my shoulder while I was taking pictures of one of the other monkeys. Razz

They had some other animals as well:
Primate zoo Bird

Primate zoo Blackpoisondartfrog
Black Poison Dart Frog

Primate zoo Pecaries
Peccaries

Primate zoo Poisonousfrog
More poison dart frogs

Primate zoo Poisonousfrogs

Primate zoo Boliviansquirrelmonkey
But the majority were definitely primates, like this squirrel monkey.

Primate zoo BovivianSquirrelmonkeyyoung
There were a lot of squirrel monkeys, all over the park.

Primate zoo Lionmonkeyroar
Lion monkey

Primate zoo Lionmonkey
Another Lion monkey

Primate zoo Redruffedlemuracrobat2
This red ruffed lemur climbed down from a tree, and then a roof. His family preferred to stay in the tree.

Primate zoo Redruffedlemuracrobatic

Primate zoo Redruffedlemurwhole

Primate zoo Redruffedlemur
He didn't seem to mind people at all.

Primate zoo Ringtail
There were also plenty of ringtails

Primate zoo Ringtaildog-likepose

Primate zoo Ringtaileye

Primate zoo Ringtailcloseup
They too were not at all afraid of humans

Primate zoo DSC00682
While I was taking that previous photo....

Primate zoo DSC00685
...one of them decided that my shoulder was a good place to sit.

Primate zoo Sleepy
These ones were caged, and seemed a bit bored

Primate zoo White-facedCapuchin-1
The white faced Capuchins did not seem to mind their captivity

Primate zoo White-facedCapuchin-2
They were playing and climbing non-stop

Primate zoo White-facedcapuchin
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:31 pm

Ahw
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:02 pm

Seems like a very nice place......my kids will love that....

We have some safari like parks in here but you can’t walk around, you have to take your car or the safari buses....
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:07 pm

I don't think we have any other park where you are allowed to walk amongst their animals. So this is rare in the Netherlands as well. Most zoos would fear for public safety, and the health of their own animals.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:40 pm

I been to some were you can drive by and feed giraffes, camels, zebras and such....and they have Rhinos, elephants, hippos walking around....witch we know is not a good idea but nothing ever happened...

The most weird was one that had all the above and some cheetahs, they did had a fence but it was half my size they could easily jump that one....plus there were dears, baby zebras and such witch I know the eat, I’m sure they could just go off and jump the fence to grab a human bite.....crazy!!!
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Hippos are way more dangerous to humans then cheetahs. Cheetahs are not that strong, they could injure a human, but they would not see them as a prey. Hippos on the other hand, are extremely powerful, aggressive and they have huge, razor sharp teeth.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:48 pm

I know and how about Rhinos, the bus stood by their side for at least 5 min....they were standing there looking around and playing in a little water whole.....they could turn the bus around with all of us in it.....but they were just cooling....
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 pm

Rhinos can do damage, but they don't often resort to violence. For hippos, it's a part of everyday life to fight and kill.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:51 pm

The last drive-in zoo I went here they did have the elephants in a place with a big dig around it and the driver did said they can risk our safety by having them walking around loose....
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Elephants are generally not aggressive, but the tides have changed, and more and more elephant seem to have started a war on humanity, purposefully killing humans, and destroying property.

So yeah, they could be dangerous. But I think they say that to make it more interesting. People like danger, people like to be a little afraid.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Well, i'd be killing humans too if i was an elephant. They get hunted on waaay too much.

Elephants rule :3

they have huge flappy ears :3
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:12 pm

Dark Jjay wrote:
Well, i'd be killing humans too if i was an elephant. They get hunted on waaay too much.

Elephants rule :3

they have huge flappy ears :3

Gorillas too....i cant believe people still hunts them when we know there are almost gone...
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:50 pm

If your family is starving and the only way you can make enough money to feed them is to kill a gorilla, or an elephant, or another human, the choice will be quickly made. It's human instinct to protect yourself and your close relatives, even at the expense of others.

The ones buying and dealing the products are the real brutes. They are in it to make money, even if they have enough to live.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 am

Zarra wrote:
If your family is starving and the only way you can make enough money to feed them is to kill a gorilla, or an elephant, or another human, the choice will be quickly made. It's human instinct to protect yourself and your close relatives, even at the expense of others.

The ones buying and dealing the products are the real brutes. They are in it to make money, even if they have enough to live.

Yeah but where is the government in all of this? they should protect those beautiful animals at all costs....

And you are right the idiots buying the products are to be killed too……although I read people from Africa have been eating Gorillas meat from past generations and they think they have the right to keep doing it….
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:03 am

Yes, local people have been eating wild animals for a long time, and if the natives do that, it's not a big problem. The problem starts when money is involved, the hunting techniques become less fair to the animals and the meat is sold to restaurants and rich countries.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:21 am

Zarra wrote:
Yes, local people have been eating wild animals for a long time, and if the natives do that, it's not a big problem. The problem starts when money is involved, the hunting techniques become less fair to the animals and the meat is sold to restaurants and rich countries.

Nature will not tolerate this for too long...we are doomed!!
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:25 am

Yes, we are if we continue to follow the same path. Unfortunately we are dragging many other species down the grave with us.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:42 am

Zarra wrote:
Yes, we are if we continue to follow the same path. Unfortunately we are dragging many other species down the grave with us.

We will continue, you can be sure of that.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Primate zoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Primate zoo   Primate zoo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Primate zoo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chit-Chat :: Daily Life-
Jump to: