Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Willem Frederik Hermans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Insomnia
Plant
Insomnia

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Willem Frederik Hermans Empty
PostSubject: Willem Frederik Hermans   Willem Frederik Hermans Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:52 am

Op dit moment probeer ik Het sadistische universum en Onder Professoren van WFH te lezen.

Een schrijver met een vrij donkere outlook op het leven moet ik zeggen.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Willem Frederik Hermans   Willem Frederik Hermans Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:47 am

(this topic is about a Dutch autor, and will not be of much interest to our foreign members)
Voor als ze nog terug komen that is....

Misschien ga ik ook maar een paar van zijn boekjes lezen, hij is zo bekend, en toch heb ik nog nooit iets van hem gelezen...

En zijn donkere outlook op het leven lijkt me logisch voor de tijd waarin hij leefde.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Insomnia
Plant
Insomnia

Male

PostSubject: Re: Willem Frederik Hermans   Willem Frederik Hermans Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:06 pm

Ik voel me zo rebels door in mijn moerstaal te posten op dit moment Embarassed

I don''t think dat WFH has been translated in english untill this day and that's a shame for sure.

However, his dark outlook was not only defined by the times he spend his adolesence in. It had also to do with a sense of boredom that sometimes becomes with gifted people. Although this is absolute speculation on my part. Check out For example Yukio Mishima on youtube, also a classic example of somebody that was utterly bored by his "mundane" existence.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Willem Frederik Hermans   Willem Frederik Hermans Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:59 am

Boredom can indeed have an immense effect on people, and all other intelligent species of animal.

Did you ever read "the human zoo" by zoologist Desmond Morris? I don't remember exactly where, and with what words, but somewhere in the book he wrote about the effects that extreme boredom has on all primates, including humans. People placed in an empty room with absolutely no influences or distractions will start to self-mutilate by any means necessary, just to get some kind of stimulants.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Insomnia
Plant
Insomnia

Male

PostSubject: Re: Willem Frederik Hermans   Willem Frederik Hermans Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:35 pm

I know of Desmond Morris. And I haven't read him. As a matter of fact I don't as much as I used to anymore (even though I love to), but that's another story.

Automutilation happens as a result of stress and anxiety, deprivation of outer stimulants are just one of many causes. Ultimately the source invariably lies within psychological damage. I have seen it happen a lot around me and that's the only conclusion I am able make.

But in the case of WFH I was more hinting at an intellectual boredom that makes people a bit anxious and rebellious. He expresses that well in the novels I am reading now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Willem Frederik Hermans   Willem Frederik Hermans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Willem Frederik Hermans
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chit-Chat :: Books-
Jump to: