Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Animal rights

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:29 am

To start this conversation off, a common reason for people to feel other species should not get any special rights is because they have a lower IQ. Who agrees with this statement? Why?/Why not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:36 am

I think animals gain some right look at your own pets, they have more meaning and can do more then say a pig who ends up as your diner.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am

But should the pig have rights? The right to get good, clean food. The right to enough space. The right to members of its own species. Protection against painful procedures and diseases. Protection against over-breeding. Those kind of things?

Or do you think it's 'just a pig' and they are by definition inferior to humans and our beloved pets, and that we have the right to do with them as we please?

(I also think pigs, and other powerful omnivores, should not be food, but that's a different discussion)
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:05 am

I think pigs should have rights yes, like every animal and human being with feelings etc.
The things you listed can be applied and still have the animals as food.
(I think in times of need everything can be food)
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:10 am

Yes, and I think animals that serve as food deserve the best care. They die to feed us, therefor we should respect them and care for them.

If your life depends on it, and you are able to take down a pig or and other species, you have every right to eat it. But I doubt that you could kill a pig with your bare hands. I'm guessing you would be the one that would end up as food. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:16 am

Why would i end up as food? Razz
it should be possible to kill a pig with bare hands
desperate times call for desperate needs.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:21 am

You don't know much about pigs do you? Wink

A adult pig is about 3 times your size, they have razor sharp tusks and strong jaws, their skull is extremely thick and powerful, their skin is also strong and they don't get injured very easy, they enjoy eating flesh and have been known to take down dogs if they feel threatened.

I took care of pigs for a little time, and I can assure you that they can easily kill a human. But because of their gentle nature they normally won't attack a human.
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:24 am

Yeah i know that, but thats where technology comes into place
^^
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:27 am

Bare hands means with no weapons, no technology. Wink

But let's get back on topic, we can talk about the greatness of the domesticated pigs and their fellow Suids in Mammals.
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:30 am

Yeah i'll stfu:D

but yeah so they just need a good envirorment and life.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:50 pm

Circus Lion attacks
And that kids, is why you should not put large, man-eating carnivores in small cages, and force them to jump trough hoops.

Gator Attack
Or poke them with a stick, hit them in the head and put your hand in their mouth. (his hand was reattached later)
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:02 pm

I see animals as living creatures that fell and suffer, I will never hurt an animal just for fun..

I hate Circus because they abuse and force animlas to do stupid washed up tricks....
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:09 pm

I don't mind animals doing tricks. But Tigers and Lions are just not ours for the taking. These are powerful predators, that are far above us in the natural order. And these videos prove that, even if they are captive, they can still kill and/or maim us if they wish.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:14 pm

Zarra wrote:
I don't mind animals doing tricks. But Tigers and Lions are just not ours for the taking. These are powerful predators, that are far above us in the natural order. And these videos prove that, even if they are captive, they can still kill and/or maim us if they wish.

Elephants have gone on a kill spread in Circus.....Chimps too....

In a movie called "Instincts" there is scene where they explain how wild animals looked in Zoo's, Labs, or Circus die inside, they lose their joy and instincts, they turn into living-death creatures….interesting scrip there!!!
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:27 pm

I'll try to find that movie!
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:11 am

Zarra wrote:
I'll try to find that movie!

You should, the movie is not the greatest but that script there is touching!!

Cuba Gooding Jr. and Anthony Hopkins are the lead actors....
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:47 pm

Last January, eleven men caught a wild wolf, it was treated cruelly, tortured and finally killed by dogs. This hungry wolf had simply entered the village looking for food. Wolves are very shy creatures; and walking into a village deviates from their normal behaviour and is an exception to its customary lifestyle. This whole episode was caught on film by a TV. Cameraman and was later broadcast on Turkish television. The offenders were identified, but no actions were taken against them. It is not uncommon for some municipalities to encourage the people to shoot wolves on sight.

Animal rights Wp8c15de76

Animal rights Wp9ada0137
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:51 pm

This makes me hate people.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:55 pm

fucking pissed to hear this shit happens all the time, I cant believe that out of 11 fucktards not one of them will do something to avoid this Wolf to suffer!! 11 man and all of them are pieces of shit…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Animal rights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal rights   Animal rights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animal rights
Page 1 of 1