Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.

Go down 
+4
FearDark
Dark Jjay
Sigma.
Zarra
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gast
Anonymous

Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:35 am

Zarra wrote:
Yeah, that's probably true. Except when you loose.. losing pisses me off.

Mod Edit: Racist comment removed.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:08 pm

I've been doing martial arts for a while now (4 years or so) and i can say that's it's not fun to train against someone who has anger issues. Even if it's a friendly match,it can get pretty bloody. That's why i think that, if you do a contact sport, you need to leave your anger issues at the door. You dont need broken bones 'cause your girlfriend dumped you
Back to top Go down
Gast
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 10:59 am

Dark Jjay wrote:
I've been doing martial arts for a while now (4 years or so) and i can say that's it's not fun to train against someone who has anger issues. Even if it's a friendly match,it can get pretty bloody. That's why i think that, if you do a contact sport, you need to leave your anger issues at the door. You dont need broken bones 'cause your girlfriend dumped you

i prefer boys over girls, boys makes my genitals warm and moisty
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:20 am

sexual harrassment...PANDA

Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 306_panda_dance
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:34 pm

REVIEW OF RESEARCH SHOWS THAT PLAYING VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES CAN HEIGHTEN AGGRESSION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON – Violent video games can increase aggressive behavior in children and adolescents, both in the short- and long-term, according to an empirical review of the last 20 years of research. These findings are presented at the 113th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association in Washington, DC.

According to researchers Jessica Nicoll, B.A., and Kevin M. Kieffer, Ph.D., of Saint Leo University, youth who played violent video games for a short time experienced an increase in aggressive behavior following the video game. One study showed participants who played a violent game for less than 10 minutes rate themselves with aggressive traits and aggressive actions shortly after playing. In another study of over 600 8th and 9th graders, the children who spent more time playing violent video games were rated by their teachers as more hostile than other children in the study. The children who played more violent video games had more arguments with authority figures and were more likely to be involved in physical altercations with other students. They also performed more poorly on academic tasks.

Furthermore, violent video game players "tend to imitate the moves that they just 'acted out' in the game they played," said Dr. Kieffer. For example, children who played violent karate games duplicated this type of behavior while playing with friends. These findings demonstrate the possible dangers associated with playing this type of video game over and over again.

The authors also found that boys tend to play video games for longer periods of time than girls. Boys may play more of these types of video games, said Kieffer, because women are portrayed in subordinate roles and the girls may find less incentive to play. But those girls who did play violent video games, according to the review, were more likely to prefer playing with an aggressive toy and were more aggressive when playing.

Finally, children and adolescents who are attracted to the violent content in the games are likely to be more vulnerable to the effects of that exposure, according to the review.

Both Nicoll and Kieffer say that the recent changes that put age limits and rating systems on games make it more difficult for young children to purchase and play these video games. But, say the psychologists, "future research needs to explore why many children and adolescents prefer to play a violent video game rather than play outside, and why certain personalities are drawn to these types of games."
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:19 pm

I was having this discussion with a friend of mine. She said that she wouldn't allow her 7 year old son to view "violent programs" like Power Rangers, X-men, etc. because it was a bad influence on younger kids.

I stated to her that at a young age, parents are the source of influence. Really young kids look to their mother and father as if they were god.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Young children are actively looking for information, they will also accept information from sources other then their parents. I know, I've tested it. Little kids will believe just about anything you tell them.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:29 pm

Without a doubt, their minds are like sponges. They absorb everything around them.

What I meant is that they will pay more attention to what a parent will say then what a cartoon will say.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 9:39 pm

There goes your research Zar.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:49 pm

I was just posting that to add to the conversation. Wink

I believe games, tv shows and movies CAN heighten aggression in toddlers and little children, because they copy any behaviour that they see. I don't think it has the same kind of impact on teenagers and adults, who normally start to think for themselves, and don't simply repeat actions.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:56 pm

I still stand with what i said earlier. The parents should teach kids what's wrong and what's right until they can think for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:54 am

Parents are responsible for kids being agresive, tv shows help but always the parents fault, I hate those parents that have their kids watching tv and playing video games all day instead of give them outside activities like art or sports!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:42 pm

Because everybody knows art is an outside activity ;P

But i'm with Vlad on this one. When i was young, i always used to be outside. Either with some kids in my own street or with some friends from school. Although i do think that peer pressure has a lot to do with it too. I've got a perfect example.

As most (or all ) of you dont know, i do volunteer work when i have a holiday. This most of the time involvs working with kids who dont have a lot of money, so yeah, you get the picture of what i'm doing on my vacations. But anyway. Most of the kids i work with are actually pretty sweet kids. They listen to you and they dont have that big an attitude. But there are always some kids who cause troubly. They either start fighting with other kids or they're just plain assholes or whatever. So part of my "job" is to keep things at least a little controllable, and that also, sadly (mostly for me) involves kicking kids out. So i tried to kick this one kid out who kept throwing with the little kids (he was 12 or something and he was throwing with the four year olds on the moon bounce) But anyway. So i tell him "I think it's time for you to play outside" and i pick him off the moon bounce. And as soon as i even look at him, his munchkin friends all come at me and use every curseword they ever heard (diseases are very popular, especially cancer) and the little kid does so too. So, i kick his friends in the nads, and force the little kid to put on his shoes and get the fuck out. (His friends are gone by the way) So, he's putting on his shoes, and then he startes apologising and he practically begs me to let him stay ( sudden 360 degree change in attitude ).

So, after all this happened, the kids mom's are called, i'm doing my job, when suddenly one of moms of one of the kid's friends walks up to me. She's got the kid (i think he was 5 or 6 ) with her. (he called me a cancerkid and a lot of other words with the word cancer slaped in front) He's practically cringing in fear (i'm guessing for his mom) and she forces him to apologise to me. He's practically in tears when she forces him to say "sorry sir for calling you a cancerkid, i'll never do it again".

So, what does this story has to do with...well anything? I'm saying that, apart from the parents, peer pressure from outside has a llot to do with what kids do.

oh, and by the way. To the english speaking croud, the curseword "cancerkid" might be a bit odd and i'm guessing even funny, but here in holland, cancer is our fuck. Most people (not me personally, i never use cancer) use it just about every two words. It's become an epidemic. And even the little kids have an attitude problem to rival Sigma's now-a-days, It's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:41 pm

Cancer? That's funny.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:59 pm

STR8LOCO1 wrote:
Cancer? That's funny.

Not when it's involving your mom. Or pretty much everyting else you can think of. I can even remember it being used double, for extra effect. that was actually pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:39 am

Dark Jjay wrote:
STR8LOCO1 wrote:
Cancer? That's funny.

Not when it's involving your mom. Or pretty much everyting else you can think of. I can even remember it being used double, for extra effect. that was actually pretty funny.

Curse me out using the word CANCER because i'm just not grasping the whole concept here at all.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:22 pm

It's quite difficult, since the curseword kankerleier loses all it's power when you translate it to english. I guess it's english equivalent would be motherfucker or something.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm

The Dutch generally use a lot of diseases as curse words. This is not common in many other cultures.

It has effect because most people know someone who died of the diseases revered to, and find it a horrible thing to wish upon another person.

It would be kind of the same as to tell you that I wish your mother will die of Aids.

I personally don't give a fuck when people tell me to die of cancer, but some will find it very offensive.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Zarra wrote:
The Dutch generally use a lot of diseases as curse words. This is not common in many other cultures.

It has effect because most people know someone who died of the diseases revered to, and find it a horrible thing to wish upon another person.

It would be kind of the same as to tell you that I wish your mother will die of Aids.

I personally don't give a fuck when people tell me to die of cancer, but some will find it very offensive.

Exactly. And i do know quite a few people who died of cancer and therefor dont like being associated with the desease.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:53 am

Strange..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 10:50 pm

Strange in did like my friend STR8cancer sais....lol

Also Jj did you kick a kid? didnt get where exaclty but did you really kick him? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:42 pm

Nah, i'll get fired is i really kick a kid. Besides, they already start screaming abuse if you so much as look at them
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:47 am

I just noticed this... if you are not logged in, you get these little collums of text above a discussion, and they adjust to the subject of conversation:

Quote :
Child Behaviour Problems?
The fastest and easiest way to get your children to listen and behave.
Good-Child-Guide.com Toddler

Join discussions & find answers at iVillage - The Internet for Women.
ivillage.com Child Psychology Research

Full-text child psychology books, articles, journals at Questia.
Questia.com/Child_Psychology
Back to top Go down
SekhmetCLS
Bird of prey
SekhmetCLS

Male
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 12:39 pm

Ain't that a cute little bit of advertising!

Point being in this topic, movies shouldn't be seen as an influence, nor should any other sort of media. Life is what you make of it, you give your morals meaning and you are to enforce them.

But seeing as we all want a "happy" life, we can't go on murderous rampages like some of us wish too....and oh dear, imagine if someone read this post and knew who I was...i'd be locked up for sure....for speaking the truth.!

Almost like Monty Python!
"We found a witch!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sekhmetcls/index.htm
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 2:06 pm

I do believe that the way a child is raised is important in shaping their behaviour. Especial the behaviour of children younger then 12. After that, they probably start thinking for themselves a bit more, and will be able to judge the behaviour their parents, school and media taught them.

Some people let their tv raise their child, that can have undesirable effects on the child's behaviour. But then it's not the movie OR the child that is to be blamed. It's the parent.

And about the witch-hunt, they could only arrest you if you are actually planning the crime, and describing it to us here. ...Except for terrorism, they can arrest you for that even if they just have a hunch that you could possibly be a terrorist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chit-Chat :: Movies-
Jump to: