Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Empty
PostSubject: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 1:45 pm

Do we have the right to breed and alter animals in ways that we think is pretty, or practical, often ignoring their happiness and well being in the process?

Ear cropping
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Dog-crop

Tail docking
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Doberman
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Dock2
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Sfk_pig120live-ban
VIDEO LINK: Puppy having his tail docked

Declawing
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Bad_Declaw_Necrotic_1

Teeth removal
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Sfk_Pig110live-ban

Ear tagging
VIDEO LINK: Tagging a piglet
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Calf

Breeding animals with severe deformaties
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Munchkin-cat-facts-2
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Flipup2
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Goldfish
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty AG_10210
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty WhiteTigerDeformed4
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Bulldognofearhere
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Ferret-angora
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty GodivaWrinklyHairlessRat

To name just a few.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Wrong plane wrong!! I hate what we do to animals.....Im all pro animals, thing is I haven’t done anything to help....

Only one time that a saw this fucking kids that tided a dog to a fence and were kicking him to make him mad and aggressive cause he was this fighting race dog, I walk close to them and I scream at them just HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! what are you doing? (I have a pretty deep voice and can scream really fucking loud) the jump like 2 meters into the air and when the saw me they didn’t even knew what to say....

I told them that was very fucked up, his dad came out and ask what was happening I told him and he said he didn’t approved what the kids were doing and I told him well take care of the dog don’t tell me you couldn’t hear him cry and bark!! He started to talk to the kids while I walked away...I’m sure nothing changed anyways!!
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Yeah that's horrible, it's a good thing that you at least try to make it stop.

I'm happy that dog fighting is illegal here... not that animal abuse gets you any real punishment. It's considered 'destruction of property' if you injure or kill a non-human animal.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Zarra wrote:
Yeah that's horrible, it's a good thing that you at least try to make it stop.

I'm happy that dog fighting is illegal here... not that animal abuse gets you any real punishment. It's considered 'destruction of property' if you injure or kill a non-human animal.

Some times when I drive around the country and pass by rural areas I see this skinny weak horses pulling big heavy wagons....the owner beating him to go faster....I have seen this quite often and I know the guy cant afforded a truck or 3 young horses and feed them properly, I whish I was millionaire to buy that hose from him and give him a truck to use it instead of poor weak animals..

Dog fighting is illegal here too but they do it underground same in the Us....plus when you have cities of 4, 5, 10, 20 million people is very hard to control this and many other things!!
Back to top Go down
EL KAPI
Plant
EL KAPI

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 8:59 pm

I want to become a vegeterain, I have watched and read books about how they treat these animals and the torture they go through to get put on my table sucks. There was tis rancher in texas that would beat 2 week old cavs because they pooped in the hay, and he actually said that he felt good beating them because they were animals.. I would love to put my foot in his ass and beat him and say, well you ain't familly so fuck you. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:53 am

Yeah, if seen some horrible videos as well... some people who work as meat farmers and slaughterers do really enjoy hurting and killing their animals. I don't belief that this is the majority though. Films that are intended to make you move to a vegetarian diet show you the worst of the worst, from around the globe.

This means that most of the meat on you plate was not handled in such a manner, but it doesn't mean the animals have a great life. I think the best way to find out how you country really treats slaughter animals is to visit a breeder and/or slaughterhouse.

Here they are working on pig farms that have windows for visitors. The fact that people could see what they are doing already make the abuse less frequent.

Of course, some abuse is mandatory, like ear tagging, debeaking of chickens and the castration of piglets.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Oh btw, just one more thing about those videos, most of them show the slitting of the throat, which looks bloody and gory, especially if the animals are moving around, but they don't show what happened before, and they don't tell you that the animal is unconscious, and even if he/she was not, bleeding to death by getting your throat slit is actually one of the best, least painful ways to die. (Because as a result of the heavy blood-loss and the change of pressure in the brain you will go unconscious very quickly)

The process of animal slaughter as it is done in most countries:
1) The animal is confined so he/she won't move his/her head.
2) A pin is shot directly into the brain, rendering the animal unconscious.
3) The animal is hung upside down on iron chains.
4) The throat is slit, the animal will sometimes move around due to the lack of oxygen in the brain, death will occur in approximately one minute, the animal is unconscious during the entire process.
5) The death animal is gutted, and slices in two halves.

2)
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Cbolt.stun.correct.position

3)
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Pix_abuse08

4)
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Cattle1

5)
Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Slaughterhouse_victims
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:49 am

I know what those animals go through to get on my plate and i know it's horrible, but i cant stop eating meat. It's too damn tasty X3. Although biological meat is a good alternative. at least THOSE animals get to walk once in a while and get killed in a sort of humane way. And i've had some really tasty meat replacement products, although once in a while i just need a burger. DAMN MY LACK OF SELF RESTRAIN! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:59 am

I don't think it's that bad. If you feel bad about what I just showed you, you shouldn't eat meat. This is the way life is, also in biological slaughterhouses.

I think the living conditions are a lot more important then the way they kill them. And the living conditions in the netherlands are improving, breeding pigs get to sleep on hay and have "bathrooms" so they don't have to lay in their own faeces and they get to live in groups. Most breeders no longer castrate piglets. Cows are being kept outside more and more.

I think it's not ideal, but it's not horrible.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:02 am

At least it's a start. But it's not forbidden to keep 30 pigs in a pen. It's still happening. What's really cool though is that my parents found a couple of farmers where we can get eco-meat. They kill a couple of cows about twice a year, you pay about €100,- and then you have half a cow. And the best thing is, it tastes REALLY good. Better then most super market meat ^^; too bad we're alaws almost instantly out of tasty meats...
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:22 am

They are working on meat that can be grown in a laboratory... If they get it good enough to be sold, and get the public to buy it, a lot of things will change in the meat industry.

You eat half a cow in an instant?
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Well, we dont actual eat all of it, but most of it is meat for soup. The tasty bits are always gone in less then a month.
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Dark Jjay wrote:
Well, we dont actual eat all of it, but most of it is meat for soup. The tasty bits are always gone in less then a month.
Erhm soup?
catfood
dogfood
fishfood
animals feed on animals
we used to feed cows to cows.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:37 pm

Cows shouldn't eat meat, they are herbivores. And especially when cannibalism is involved it can lead to many illnesses.

I'm glad they stopped it after the mad cow disease.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:10 pm

:-(
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 am

Dark Jjay wrote:
I know what those animals go through to get on my plate and i know it's horrible, but i cant stop eating meat. It's too damn tasty X3. Although biological meat is a good alternative. at least THOSE animals get to walk once in a while and get killed in a sort of humane way. And i've had some really tasty meat replacement products, although once in a while i just need a burger. DAMN MY LACK OF SELF RESTRAIN! DAMN YOU!
Do you really think that it's that big of a difference in biological slaughter houses?
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 am

Biological meat only means they are not fed any unnatural things, like hormones and such. (to make them grow faster)
But it is true that most biological farms are slightly better to their animals.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:59 am

I was raised as a vegetarian....but I turn 14th and started to eat ham and hotdogs, then came going with friends to eat tacos after a night of drinking, etc etc....I will go back to vegetarianism someday....or at least I want to....
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:03 am

If you want to stop a certain habit, just do so. It's the only way to quit. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty   Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad breeding, deformation and aesthetic cruelty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Animals :: Pets-
Jump to: