Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Genres and subcultures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Genres and subcultures Empty
PostSubject: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:29 pm

What genres do you like? Is there a subculture that belongs to that genre? Are you part of that subculture? Do you think music should be associated with specific behaviour, clothing and ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Varg Vikernes
Plant
Varg Vikernes

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:44 am

I like french chanson and i belong to the ukrainian underground gangstahrap scene
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 8:39 pm

Zarra wrote:
What genres do you like? Is there a subculture that belongs to that genre? Are you part of that subculture? Do you think music should be associated with specific behaviour, clothing and ideas?

I really like heavy metal,speed metal, rock, hard rock, classic rock and just about anything else with some decent guitar play. As far as subcultures go, there's not specific subculture to those genre's, but i guess Metalhead is the closest thing. I'm not exactly a metalhead, but i'm still an Alto, although a lot of people seem to think i'm emo... -,-

Music should not be associated with clothing, behavior and ideas, because that limits people from enjoying the music that DONT fit into that picture. The best case i can use is my mom. She loves Within Temptation, which is Gothic Rock, but cant go to concerts e.d. even though she really wants to. But because she's 50something years old, she doesn't fit into the standart picture, which is goth. But whatever, you cant stop it anyway...

Edited

Last edited by Dark Jjay on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:06 am

Metalhead would be the closest thing to a subculture around the music you like. Not goth.
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:33 am

Hmm i like punk i like some metal i like some hard rock i'm into ska, and all the ska and punk sub-genres, i like some EBM and some techno, industrial, goa, cyber,trance and i can go on for hours
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:08 pm

I listen to Alternative Rock...the 9o's grunch with Pearl Jam, STP, Candle Box, Nirvana, Green Day, etc etc where my highs regarding music....

Im not part of any subculture since Im 32 yrs old and have two babies!!! I work as an executive so im to old for that shit.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:07 pm

Genres and subcultures Ozzy_osbourne_portrait
Ozzy Osbourne is older then you and has two children.

Genres and subcultures I158091457_57184_3
Marilyn Manson is around your age and probaly has more then two children.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:50 pm

But they have an excues. I'm guessing Vlad doesn't make music. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't express yourself vald! LET YOUR INNER IDIOT OUT!! x3
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:59 pm

I've seen goths around that age that don't make music Razz So people without an excuse do it too.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:02 pm

I didn't say he NEEDS an excuse, just that they have one. And yeah, i say a granny who was dressed as a traditional goth the other day, so it does happen.

(traditional goth meaning with vampiress-like dresses and such)

Btw, Ozzy osbourne has 3 children. But one of them we rarely ever see, because she does not want to be related to the osbourne's. Including the tv show and the music her dad makes.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Okay, cool, I didn't know about that third child.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 7:58 pm

you and a billion others. I think i heard about it on Mtv (i was fucking bored i guess)
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:38 pm

He doesn't have 3 children.... he has 7. Shocked

Osbourne has been married twice and is the father of seven children (five biologically, and two adopted). He was first married to Thelma Riley and adopted her son Elliot Kingsley (1966); together they had Jessica Starshine Osbourne Hobbs (20 January 1972) and Louis John Osbourne (1975).

He later married Sharon Arden and had three children with her. They are Aimee Osbourne (2 September 1983), Kelly Osbourne (27 October 1984) and Jack Osbourne (8 November 1985). They also adopted Robert Marcato after his mother died. Osbourne also has two grandchildren, Isabelle and Harry from his daughter Jessica. He wrote a song for his daughter, Aimee, which appeared as a b-side on the album Ozzmosis.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Wtf! how come we only get to see two of his unholy offspring? Dont his other kids go like "WTF! how come they get to be in the spotlight and we're being neglected! WTF!"
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:43 pm

Not everyone wants to be in the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 pm

Given,but i do think that more then 2 kids would like to hitch along on his fame. I know i would.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:40 pm

Dark Jjay wrote:
But they have an excues. I'm guessing Vlad doesn't make music. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't express yourself vald! LET YOUR INNER IDIOT OUT!! x3

I know, I know, it’s just that in my free time I prefer to be with my kids and wife and dedicated to them than to watch tv or listen to music.....kids at that age demand all of our time and you have two choices, you be a good parent and give it to them or just ignored their needs be selfish and do your hobbies....

I know in some time they will be older and I will have all the time in the world to my self...but not now...
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 2:04 am

Dark Jjay wrote:
Given,but i do think that more then 2 kids would like to hitch along on his fame. I know i would.
You are just somebody who likes to make a profit out of others.
SCUM
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:46 pm

Oh yeah, and you probably live on your own, finance everything yourself and dont need anyone else in the world. Go talk to your parents and how much you've cost them the past year. You're just as bad as i am.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:49 pm

Sorry Jjay, but I do think there is a difference between your parents paying for your basic care when you are a child, or getting famous and making money without having to make an afford yourself, just because your parent is a rock star.

I would not take pride in my life if everything you accomplished is only yours because of the family you were born into.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 7:46 pm

I didn't mean it like that, but what i'm saying is that i can understand why kids would want to hitch on their parents fame. I'm not saying they shouldn't have to work for their money, everyone should do that. And i know my comparison isn't really accurate, but that doesn't change the fact that he HAS taken advantage of his parents, since he's probably at an age that he could earn enough money so that he can support himself more then he could a couple years back. But since he obviously doesn't he IS taking advantage of his parents. But i repeat, not a very good comparison.
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 11:17 am

Dark Jjay wrote:
I didn't mean it like that, but what i'm saying is that i can understand why kids would want to hitch on their parents fame. I'm not saying they shouldn't have to work for their money, everyone should do that. And i know my comparison isn't really accurate, but that doesn't change the fact that he HAS taken advantage of his parents, since he's probably at an age that he could earn enough money so that he can support himself more then he could a couple years back. But since he obviously doesn't he IS taking advantage of his parents. But i repeat, not a very good comparison.
Yeah 16-year old can really support himself right?
But hey if you didn't get my sarcasm then, you won't get it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genres and subcultures   Genres and subcultures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genres and subcultures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chit-Chat :: Music-
Jump to: