Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Love as the supreme law?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Love as the supreme law? Empty
PostSubject: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:06 am

From the Satanic Bible and Might is Right:

“Love one another” you say is the supreme law, but what power made it so?—Upon what rational authority does the Gospel of Love rest?

Can the torn and bloody victim ‘love’ the blood-splashed jaws that rend it limb from limb? Are we not all predatory animals by instinct? If humans ceased wholly from preying upon each other, could they continue to exist?

For those who belief in love as the supreme law, how do you respond to this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
SekhmetCLS
Bird of prey
SekhmetCLS

Male
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:39 am

Love rocks...you need people to care about and to protect.

If I didn´t had people I feel the need to protect, how else could I have the right to knock people out?

I seriously don't care about people that much, just don't touch my loved ones. pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sekhmetcls/index.htm
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:50 am

Of course love rocks, and people need love. Wink And everyone should protect their loved-ones. But like you already implied some people deserve to be "knocked out", and if you belief in love as the supreme law, you would have to love these people as well. And I think that would include not harming them, no matter what the might do to you or people you truly care about.

I personally think that degrades love, if someone just gives it away to people that don't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
SekhmetCLS
Bird of prey
SekhmetCLS

Male

PostSubject: Re: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:53 am

Agreed.

But people who look at me with a look like they want a piece of me and then take it further can't expect that little thing called mercy...

Deserve it and revel in it.

Make me mad and regret it.

"typical stuff etc"
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:09 pm

"The Golden Rule" (do unto others as you would have them do to you)

Ancient Egyptian:
"Do for one who may do for you, that you may cause him thus to do." The Tale of the Eloquent Peasant, 109 - 110 Translated by R.B. Parkinson. The original dates to 1970 to 1640 BCE and may be the earliest version ever written.

Buddhism:
Udana-Varga 5:18: "Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful"

Christianity:
Matthew 7:12: "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them"

Confucianism:
Confucius said "Achieve for others what you want to acheieve for yourself" 7
Mencius VII.A.4: "Try your best to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself, and you will find that this is the shortest way to benevolence.

Hinduism:
Mencius Vii.A.4: "One should not behave towards others in a way which is disagreeable to oneself"
Mahabharata 5:1517: "Do naught to others which if done to thee would cause thee pain"

Jainism:
Lord Mahavira, 24th: Tirthankara: "In happiness and suffering, in joy and grief, we should regard all creatures as we regard our own self" 5
Sutrakritanga 1.11.33: "A man should wander about treating all creatures as he himself would be treated" 5,8
"we should refrain from inflicting upon others such injury as would appear undesirable to us if inflicted upon us" 8

Judaism:
Leviticus 19:18: "...thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" 5
Talmud, Shabbat 31a.: "That which is hateful unto thee do not to your neighbour. This is the whole of the Torah. The rest is commentary" 2, 5

Wicca:
Wiccan Rede: If no harm is done, do as you will.

Sikhism:
Guru Arjan Devji 259: "Don't create enmity with anyone as God is within everyone" 5
Guru Arjan Dev : AG 1299: "No one is my enemy, none a stranger and everyone is my friend" 5
Granth Sahih: "Treat others as thou wouldst be treated thyself"

Zoroastrianism:
Shayast-na-Shayast 13:29: "Whatever is disagreeable to yourself do not do unto others" 5
The Zend Avesta: "Do not do unto others all that which is not well for thyself"

Source: http://www.vexen.co.uk/notes/golden.html
Back to top Go down
SekhmetCLS
Bird of prey
SekhmetCLS

Male

PostSubject: Re: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:02 am

As I said, people need loved ones, but no one CAN love everyone.
Every human on this world knows hate or just a little tiny bit of disagreeing with people (that's enough for most people to hate/dislike someone).

People who believe they love everyone....they need help.
True love is being loved back! Not going around screaming it for all to hear! that's called attention whoring!
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Plant
Jazz

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:58 pm

When I express my 'love' for other people, even those who I dislike or who (in other peoples) eyes might not deserve my kindness, I do that because I do it for me..

Ofcourse, Im raised that way but not any christian or a not christian is capaple of doing the exact things that God would love us to do. That's not possible for us as mortal human beings and He does not expect us to fullfill them, because He knows we can't.

Anyway, back to what this thread is about, God IS love, we are only learning from Him. Just like a parent, you can choose whether you will listen or not. So.. its up to you.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:01 pm

So you feel like it benefits you to be kind to those who do not deserve your kindness? In what way do you benefit from this?
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Plant
Jazz

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 2:11 pm

Zarra wrote:
So you feel like it benefits you to be kind to those who do not deserve your kindness? In what way do you benefit from this?

That I am not one of them.. and I can be an example for others, to know that what Ive done is the right way, gives me a good feeling. This triggers other's minds and subconciously, I know that they appreciate and respect me because of my kindness, which I actually consider as love that I get in return.

Being kind instead of going into an argue can have suprisingly effective results Wink
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:28 am

I won't contradict that. I belief polite human kindness can do a lot for your social interactions. But when you let people treat you badly, when you turn the other cheek to those who have wronged you, they will just take advantage of you. They won´t be kind in return. They won´t follow your example. They will rob you blind.

"Kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates." - Satanic Bible

"Wound for wound, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; whatever damage he has done, so let it be done to him." - Holy Bible

"We decreed for them a life for a life, an eye for an eye, a nose for a nose, an ear for an ear, a tooth for a tooth, and a wound for a wound" - Quran

"Hate for hate, And ruth for ruth, Eye for eye, And tooth for
tooth, Scorn for scorn, And smile for smile, Love for love,
And guile for guile, War for war and woe for woe, Blood for
blood and blow for blow." - Might is Right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love as the supreme law?   Love as the supreme law? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Love as the supreme law?
Page 1 of 1