Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good and Evil

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 3:30 am

Is there such a thing as good and evil? Or are these just things that we made up to feel our own actions are justified and the action of others can be condemned?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:16 pm

God and evil are metaphores for the things we like and dislike, and the things society thinks are good/bad. Like druggs in the 70s. Mosst normal thing in the world then, now you're a social outcastif you even look at pot. So i dont really think that there is one perception of good and evil. But it does in a way exist.

Dark out
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Well, as you put it.
there is good and evil.
But just to make us feel good or bad.
Because rape isn't really allowed in our modern day community it is evil.
But it does'nt have to be if you look at other cultures where it is normal to marry at your 13'th and you don't need to love eatchother so thats a form of rape to right?
Good and evil is to keep us in the lines we find acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:21 pm

Sigma. wrote:
Well, as you put it.
there is good and evil.
But just to make us feel good or bad.
Because rape isn't really allowed in our modern day community it is evil.
But it does'nt have to be if you look at other cultures where it is normal to marry at your 13'th and you don't need to love eatchother so thats a form of rape to right?
Good and evil is to keep us in the lines we find acceptable.

exactly. Isn't that what my post implies? was ment that way xD
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 12:20 pm

Loveless sex is not rape. Rape is when one of the people (or in some chases also other species) is forced into having sex against their will.
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:02 pm

they are forced to reproduce and so it is rape.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:08 pm

I don't think many people are able to produce children at the age of 13...

But yeah, evil is a opinion, but still we have some things that most people would agree on, even if they are raised in completely different ways and countries. Like; wasting lives is a bad thing, rape is a bad thing, being kind to weaker humans that can't fend for themselves is a good thing, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:25 pm

Zarra wrote:
I don't think many people are able to produce children at the age of 13...

It's a normal age for a girl to be menstruating, thus being fertile and a boy should be fertile around that age to.
so having a kid is possible but unhealty.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 4:35 pm

I though it was around 16 years that most females become fertile, and males grow up slower.

But anyway, this is off topic and not very important.
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:25 pm

You are fertile from the point you menstruate or form sperm.
but yeah offtopic rambling
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:31 pm

monkey I'm aware of that. monkey <-(offtopic monkey)

Okay, we agree that evil is an opinion, so how do you personally see evil? What is evil, and why is it evil?
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 8:06 am

Come on people Wink

What do you personally see as evil?
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:12 pm

Geert WIlders.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:58 pm

Good and Evil Geert%20wilders.img_assist_custom

Yeah, he sure does look evil.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:00 pm

What do you call eleven man capturing, torturing and feeding to dogs a Wild Wolf? What do you call a Mother putting a baby in a microwave to burn alive cause he wouldn’t stop crying!?

FUCKING EVIL WAYS, EVIL PEOPLE!! and that is just .000000000000001% of examples out there!!
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am

I call that fear, I call that useless, I call that pathetic. But 100% evil...no, just out of our point of view, the people doing those kind of things would probably not agree with you that it's evil. They are doing it because they think it's good.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:04 pm

I don't know. I agree to a certain extent that "good & evil" are methods to keep people in line as to what is acceptable and what is unacceptable.

I agree with Vlad that there are certain actions that Everyone would agree is an evil act.

Evil =Morally Bad: profoundly immoral or wrong.

There are things that have occured that everyone would agree on whether it was immoral or wrong.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 8:09 pm

Zarra wrote:
I call that fear, I call that useless, I call that pathetic. But 100% evil...no, just out of our point of view, the people doing those kind of things would probably not agree with you that it's evil. They are doing it because they think it's good.
]

You can call it pathetic, useless, and fearful but not evil?????

Do you consider such an action to be wrong.

My view on evil is this: If you take pleasure by causing others harm, you're evil. If an action is performed for the simple purpose to cause another harm and to bring you pleasure from causing that harm, it's evil.

or if the result of your action causes another pain and you pleasure, it's evil.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 pm

I personly think it's wrong, but my opinion is just that, an opinion. I myself would never kill a child or a wolf, but the people that do probaly don't consider themselves evil.

Pleasure by causing harm... most people are slightly sadistic, we all laugh when someone gets hurt. "Funny videos" are often those where other people fall and are in pain.

And what do you think about those that cause harm to others for a living, but enjoy what they do? (Butchers, executioners
, etc)
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 11:27 pm

Zarra wrote:
I personly think it's wrong, but my opinion is just that, an opinion. I myself would never kill a child or a wolf, but the people that do probaly don't consider themselves evil.

Pleasure by causing harm... most people are slightly sadistic, we all laugh when someone gets hurt. "Funny videos" are often those where other people fall and are in pain.

And what do you think about those that cause harm to others for a living, but enjoy what they do? (Butchers, executioners
, etc)

So if the person that commits the act, believes the action wasn't wrong, then it isn't?

So Hitler wasn't wrong for the attempted genocide of Jews?

That logic doesn't make sense.

Butchers kill out of a necessity so I wouldn't consider it the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:24 am

I'm saying nothing is good or bad, there are no good or bad persons. It's all just a matter of where your own priorities lie and what you believe. I might think something is wrong, while most people think it's right and visa versa.

Hitler believed he was doing something important, he believed he was improving the world, and many agreed. To them, what they did was good. To the victims, it was considered bad. I think the truth is not black and white, everything is gray. No good, no evil, just opinions.

Butchers kill more then necessary, and some enjoy what they do. Again, not saying that's a bad thing. But it's not just because they have to. Most actualy choose their career as butcher or executioner, because they like that kind of work.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:46 am

Here's what I think. If you were to poll 100 people and ask them whether or not it was "evil" for a person to willingly kill a defenseless baby and take pleasure in doing so, you'd get 100 answers pointing to "yes, that's evil".
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:41 am

Because that's what we are expected to answer. It's a cultural thing.

Example, if you would ask 100 Americans or Europeans if they think it's evil to kill babies with down syndrome (or abandon them and leave them to die), most or all of them will answer yes.

If you would ask the same thing to Africans, you would get very different answers.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:33 am

Here's what I know. I was a correctional officer for a close custody prison that housed a little over a thousand inmates. Out of the thousands of inmates that i encountered, i rarely saw an inmate that would be considered evil by most people. Even the guys that were in there for murder weren't considered evil. The guys that were in there for rape were considered to be losers with inferiority complexes. Child Molesters are evil individuals. There’s something about them.

I recall one inmate that was referred later by the media as the "North Dade Rapist". He had raped over 13 women and killed them all. He even raped and killed a 2 year old and a 5 year old.

I recall another incident where a sergeant gave me the jacket (file) of a particular inmate serving a life sentence. The inmate was doing life for the rape and murder of a baby less then a year old. The file stated that he raped her and had to cut her with a knife so that he'd fit. When I read the file, I cried like a little kid. The sergeant that gave it to me was teary eye'd after reading it himself. It filled me with a sense of disgust that I had never felt before. I've never brought up that story to anyone until now but there's no other way to describe that person but as evil.

I took great pleasure in spraying this individual with a can full of OC spray and then kicking him until he spit out blood. I took great joy in letting his fellow inmates jump on him 15 to 1. In my humble opinion, he owed the world for causing such pain to an innocent life and would pay it in full. He even tried to hang himself a few times, but we'd cut him down. Deaths too easy a way out for him. Every prison he goes to see's the same jacket/file and will more then likely do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:23 pm

I think he deserves severe punishment, without a doubt. And I don't condem what you did. But you said you believed that causing harm to others and enjoying it, is evil. If that is so, then what you did to this man was evil too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good and Evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good and Evil   Good and Evil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good and Evil
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chit-Chat :: Serious Chit-Chat-
Jump to: