Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did you ever notice...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Did you ever notice... Empty
PostSubject: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:47 am

...that in the bonus options of a DVD, you always have these interviews with the actors, and in the beginning, there will be a warning that the opinion about the actors does not represent the opinion of the movie making company... yet they NEVER say anything that could be even slightly offensive, they just talk about how great the movie is and how much fun it was to make...

It's not like they would say "I enjoyed making this movie because there where no niggers in it." or "This movie proves that there is no god." or "kill your parents if you liked this movie". No, they just say that the director is such a great guy, and the other actors are really nice/talented people, etc.

So why do they include that warning? Has any one of you ever saw one of those interview bonus things that could be offensive to some people?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 12:07 pm

I never watch interviews with actors. I already bought the movie,so i dont need to hear ho great it is xD
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 9:53 pm

It's because maybe is some idiot finds something offensive like "he smiled at the wrong moment"
thats why.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 9:36 am

*el gasp* HOW DARE HE SMILE! D:
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:45 pm

Yeah thats why,
for idiots like you:P
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:21 pm

It's all about liability.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:56 am

Covering your back with it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:24 pm

Mjeh. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Americans are the most uptight assholes in human history. F

Freedom of speech my ass.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Dark Jjay wrote:
Mjeh. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Americans are the most uptight assholes in human history. F

Freedom of speech my ass.

I don't understand your statement. You're saying that Americans are uptight assholes because they have to cover their asses by placing a disclaimer on something so that some dumb dipshit won't sue them over something trivial?
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:48 pm

I think he's talking about the people that sue movie makers because one of their actors said something they disagree with.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:21 pm

Zarra wrote:
I think he's talking about the people that sue movie makers because one of their actors said something they disagree with.

Exactly. But dont get me wrong, it's not that i hate Americans, but i dislike some of the things that i hear coming from America. Like how easy it is to sue someone and that a lot of the times the most ridiculous cases are won (like the milkshake story i think you all heard at least once)
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Never heard the milkshake one but I did hear about a lady being awarded 1 million dollars after her RV came off the freeway and flipped over. The lady, who was like 70 years old, put it on cruise control and walked to the back of the RV to make herself a sandwhich. She sued the makers of the RV because the owners manuel didn't mention that a driver couldn't exit the drivers seat when the vehicle was on cruise control.

I agree that stupidy should not be rewarded.

I was always told that if you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 2:40 pm

I only know about the 2 girls who suid mac donalds because their food made them fat. And that that's the reason the company started selling salads.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:50 pm

If I remember right, the salad thing started in McDonalds located in California after certain city ordnances forced them to offer "Healthy Choices" on their menus.

I think that it's ridiculous to sue for something like that though. You should never be rewarded for your own stupidity and ignorance.

I put that up there with people that smoke, get sick and then blame the Tobacco Companies. Doesn't it make sense that breathing in smoke would be bad for you?
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:56 pm

STR8LOCO1 wrote:
If I remember right, the salad thing started in McDonalds located in California after certain city ordnances forced them to offer "Healthy Choices" on their menus.

I think that it's ridiculous to sue for something like that though. You should never be rewarded for your own stupidity and ignorance.

I put that up there with people that smoke, get sick and then blame the Tobacco Companies. Doesn't it make sense that breathing in smoke would be bad for you?

You understand that. I understand that. But not everyone does. And it's these retards that ruin it for the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:40 pm

I totally agree STR8LOCO1. But unfortunately our societies breed and foster imbeciles.

The less people think, and take responsibility for their own actions, the more money they will loan and waste on useless crap. And that's good for the only thing that matters anymore, the economy.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:56 pm

Have you ever noticed something odd with the age recommendation of movies? i once noticed that the first Harry Potter movie had a 16+ rating ( M rating for our American friends Wink) and i've also seen Saw III being advertised as 6+ (Dont know the American version...PG i think?)

Have you ever noticed this?
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:57 am

Saw is 6+? :S No, never noticed that...

I did notice that I bought a dvd and a cd, and the cd had a 16+ rating, the dvd had no warning what so ever. And the dvd contained everything that we have symbols for, cursing, nudity, alcohol use, discrimination, violence, etc. And the cd only had the word "fuck" in the lyrics...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you ever notice...   Did you ever notice... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you ever notice...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chit-Chat :: Movies-
Jump to: