Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.

Go down 
+4
FearDark
Dark Jjay
Sigma.
Zarra
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 12:46 am

cyclops cyclops oh well that fried my brain, now i'm santa santa
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 12:52 am

monkeysanta? rendeer
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 1:06 am

no, thats my aprentice.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 5:48 pm

-dies of shock-
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:10 pm

Thats logical, stop playing that stupid game and get a real guitar!
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:33 am

Aren't you supposed to have real skills to play guitar.....or have money to buy one...
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:04 am

yeah true true, hurah! i have a skill!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 6:24 pm

offtopic.

Nice :O Where can i buy guitar skills?

/offtopic

Getting back on topic. Isn't it true that really aggressive shows and such have an age limit? Where are the parents to enforce these?
Back to top Go down
SekhmetCLS
Bird of prey
SekhmetCLS

Male
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:55 am

Disagree...this is the same that Macdonalds blames videogames for kids getting fatter each day.
(Doesn't something need to go inside before you get fat? Or do you gain pounds by gaming?)
(btw, the answer to that is to buy a Wii -.-)

Its in someone's nature (mostly human nature is the case tho) to act like that...
Most "kids" (4-18) never really grow up or lose that violent touch...

Its a human thing, but some people think they can boss us around etc...

And Dark Jjay (what a name, sorry but I laughed a little!....well...a lot actually... cyclops )

We've had rating systems like forever, but that doesn't work either.
Money owns any rating system.
Shopkeepers will take the cash for a violent movie, from an adult, or from an kid...all the same to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sekhmetcls/index.htm
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 1:59 am

Yes, according to the law, a store can get fined for selling adult movies to children, but the police never check in on it, so the change that they get caught is so slim that they will sell what ever they want.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:13 am

offtopic

I recendly had a discussion about this at school dring Dutch. Turned out to be a very interesting discussion. Only in the end,it leaned more towards voilent videogames instead of movies or media in general. but care.

/offtopic

So would it make a difference if the police would actively inforce these laws?
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:23 am

Yes, they would probaly obey the law if they feel there is a change they will have to pay up, because they sold the movies to younger children.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:01 pm

*gets into nitpickingmode*

But what about those fucking annoying spoiled rich kids? The ones with the "yes dear" parents?
Back to top Go down
SekhmetCLS
Bird of prey
SekhmetCLS

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:08 pm

Dark Jjay wrote:
*gets into nitpickingmode*

But what about those fucking annoying spoiled rich kids? The ones with the "yes dear" parents?

That's like that story about GTA.
A Grandma buys GTA ( rated 16 or 18 I dunno ) for her 12 year old grandson.
The kid is happy, plays the game, grandma see's the "violence" and then sues Rockstar (the dev's) for violence being in reach of children etc...

That's just too insane, but that's the way people are.

The media should think before acting...like that high school shooting with the asian guy...Dr Phil and Jack Thompson already knew for sure he was a gamer and that games drove him to this.
Then the police searched his place and they found......nothing....

Owned...

Oh and btw I jumped on a walking mushroom today....Super Mario made me do it!
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:08 pm

Yes, the blame is with the parents that buy, or allow their children to buy, the games. But it's easier to enforce to law on stores then on parents. Else you will get an "it's my child and I'll raise it the way I want" discussion.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:25 pm

That's for parents that know what games their kid is playing. But there are a ton of parents (mostly American,o big whoop) that dont. They just buy the game for their kids hoping they'd SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:44 pm

Thus making them horrible parents, that deserve a brat for a child.

If you don't want to listen to your child, or supervise what he or she does, there is a simple solution... DON'T MAKE CHILDREN!!
Back to top Go down
Dad
Plant
Dad

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:26 am

No, I don't believe this is true.

I think that violence is a part of human nature which cannot be influenced by movies or games.

Any person could turn to violence if he or she is angry enough, or to protect your own life of the life of your loved ones.

However, in a civilized society you are thought to control your anger and use words instead of brute force.

I also believe that it's the parent's responsibilty to teach their children that harming someone physically is not the way to settle your differences.

And any sane person will be able to see the difference between imaginary violence (like in movies or games), or the real thing.
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:36 am

Well, as you say, its allways the blame on the parents in this topic.
so i think we should change it
i'm making an other topic!
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Dad wrote:
No, I don't believe this is true.

I think that violence is a part of human nature which cannot be influenced by movies or games.

Any person could turn to violence if he or she is angry enough, or to protect your own life of the life of your loved ones.

However, in a civilized society you are thought to control your anger and use words instead of brute force.

I also believe that it's the parent's responsibilty to teach their children that harming someone physically is not the way to settle your differences.

And any sane person will be able to see the difference between imaginary violence (like in movies or games), or the real thing.

Agreed. with ALL of it.
Back to top Go down
SekhmetCLS
Bird of prey
SekhmetCLS

Male

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 11:09 am

Yup all quite true.

What I seem to have learned is that most of the anger most people have/feel is frustation.
Either not getting what they want, or being held back/lied to/misused.

I do know that I can get real angry about people swearing they never said something and/or bending it etc.

I play videogames (violent ones at that) daily...

I seem to be doomed! Razz
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:29 pm

SekhmetCLS wrote:
Yup all quite true.

What I seem to have learned is that most of the anger most people have/feel is frustation.
Either not getting what they want, or being held back/lied to/misused.

I do know that I can get real angry about people swearing they never said something and/or bending it etc.

I play videogames (violent ones at that) daily...

I seem to be doomed! Razz

Go play Rugby or practice Thai Box....that will help!! and it fells more real..
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 6:50 pm

People often get agressive from watching real sports aswel. I actualy think more people die and get injured as a result of fights at popular sports games than that people would became dangerous and kill/injure others because of a video-game.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Zarra wrote:
People often get agressive from watching real sports aswel. I actualy think more people die and get injured as a result of fights at popular sports games than that people would became dangerous and kill/injure others because of a video-game.

True, but if you want to take anger out nothing better that a rouhg sport..
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Yeah, that's probably true. Except when you loose.. losing pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.   Children today are more agressive because of violent movies. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children today are more agressive because of violent movies.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chit-Chat :: Movies-
Jump to: