Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Videoclips from YouTube!

Go down 
+2
Dark Jjay
Zarra
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Zarra wrote:
Weird Al - Don't download this song

Weird al - Trapped In The Drive-Thru

Zar, are you a weird al fan? xD
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 7:14 pm

I think some of his work is funny, and his animated clips kick ass. So yeah, I guess you could call me a fan. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:10 pm

Silent War

I demand to know where this is from!

Last edited by Zarra on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:15 am

Nine Inch Nails - Echoplex Rehearsal
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:50 pm

Devendra Banhart - Little yellow spider

I can't help but love this band, even though they are just a bunch of hobo hippies.

Last edited by Zarra on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 10:07 pm

Death in June - Fall apart
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Rage against the machine - No shelter

i LOVE RATM
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 pm

To rap-like for me.

Divine Heresy - Bleed the filth
Not a great clip, but the music is nice.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:02 pm

I set my riends on fire - Sex ed rocks

It's actually a movie rather then a video clip, but i thought it's funny. Bear with the start.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Haha, they should show that in school!
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:31 pm

I think that would be very ineffective.

Maybe as a scare tactic.

hmm...
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:27 am

Billy Bragg!

Kind of an hero to me?

CLICK ME IM SEXY
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:44 pm

The Smashing Pumpkins - Today

I'm actually not that big a pumpkins fan, but i do like this song a lot.

Me first and the gimme gimme's - Who put the bump

It's a punk-esq cover of a 60-s song. They make a lot of music like this, and i cant stop listening for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Insomnia
Plant
Insomnia

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Silent War   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:14 am

Zarra wrote:
Silent War

I demand to know where this is from!

This from the DVD Live in Osaka from NON; the vocals on this song are by Rose McDowall.
Other collaborators were Michael Moynihan and I think Douglas P.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:23 pm

Thanks, I found out by asking the person who posted it on youtube. I bought the DVD some time ago. Love it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Insomnia
Plant
Insomnia

Male

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 3:58 pm

It's a nice one for sure... but not my favourite from Boyd. Ever heard of Boyd Rice and Frank Tovey - Easy listening for the hard of hearing? That's one you've got to hear.

PS. My other topic went a bit wrong. There are some youtube links over there that are supposed to be here in this section. (you're opinion about those links would be very welcome Wink of course)
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:38 am

Yes I have heard it. It's tracks are strangely calming.

It's to bad I haven't found any store or music dealer who sells his records. I have found terra incognita and live in osaka, but other then that, his best works have been long out of print, and are not being sold anywhere...

I can't say I really have one favorite album, because I like the diversity of his music. No album is ever the same as the ones before it.
Back to top Go down
Insomnia
Plant
Insomnia

Male

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:18 pm

I know what you mean, but there are stores and i-sites that could provide you with a lot of NON material. Shame is though that his early works like the Black Album are still not reprinted. Torrent sites could provide you with a cornucopia of material though.

On the fact that nothing of Boyd sounds the same I have to disagree upon. He tends to recycle some themes from his early days over and over again. On the other hand, so do the Stones.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:17 am

Okay, let me rephrase that, I like the fact that he has a couple of different way to make music:
* Just him talking (often with slight rhythm in the background.)
* Noise
* Rythmic noise
* Noise and talking
* Stuff that most people would recognize as music. (rhythms, pleasant tones and singing.)

In contrast to most noise bands (and actually, most bands in general) that I have heard. That will repeat the same trick as long as it sells. And often far beyond that point. They will never try anything new, because it's not a sure way to make money. Razz This makes me get bored of most bands quite easily.

I do agree that he recycles his themes a lot. But to be honest, I don't get tired of hearing about the laws of nature, Abraxas, duality and humanity, because they apply so well to everyday life.

Did you ever listen to the interviews he did with Bob Larsen? Those interviews basically sum up everything he ever said in his music. xD And those were done like 20 to 30 years ago.

I have most of his music digitally. But when I like music or movies enough, I normally buy them after I download or rent it.
Could you recommend any specific stores that do sell his albums?
Back to top Go down
Insomnia
Plant
Insomnia

Male

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:24 pm

In reverse order this time:

Stores I could recommend are for example LALAland in The Hague (at least you could preorder things from them and there are still items from Boyd that are available from Bertus). On the Internet you could try for example Going Underground, they had a dutch reseller which I had some good experiences with, but I don''t know if he is still active. Old Europe Cafe also has a huge distro and have a good reputation.
But sometimes you get lucky; for example I bought In the shadow... and Easy listening.. in a second hand record shop for a meager 8 euro a piece. Just keep your eyes open I say.

I know the interviews with Bob Larsen and they are hilarious, and you're right that he sums up a lot of his life's philosophies in there. But nonetheless they are orchestrated pranks on his part and that's basically the key to his work I think. Take him seriously, but also see the humor in his work.

On the aspect of originality: he is one of the instigators of a new genre and still outlives a lot of shortlives industrial/darkfolk/noise groups. That fact alone makes him interesting enough for me. And he is not the same almost all of the surviving oldies still manage to be quite relevant one way or another... And that's what I always look for in music.
Back to top Go down
Insomnia
Plant
Insomnia

Male

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:01 pm

Purge me from your forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Videoclips from YouTube!   Videoclips from YouTube! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Videoclips from YouTube!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Chit-Chat :: Music-
Jump to: