Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christianity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:25 pm

What do Christians belief? What is your opinion about Christianity?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
combro2k
Plant
combro2k

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:38 am

Zarra wrote:
What do Christians belief? What is your opinion about Christianity?

Lets start to talk about that Wink
A Christian believes in God as a Creator and Orgin of everything that exists, so nature, and human beings aswell as angels, so everything.
A Christian believe in God as the Father of Jesus, that Jesus died 2000 years, crusified on a cross and died for the sins of many.
Christians believe, that they can receive freely the offer of Eternal life with God and Jesus by accepting Jesus as a personal Saviour, by confessing their sins to God, and asking Jesus to come into their life. They believe that all come short of the glory of God ( see the bible in Romans 3: 23).

my Opinion about Christianity? I believe there is a lot of things done under the name of Christianity and told to people ( like the family in america about God hate america etc etc) that I can't find in the bible. They, Christians, killed people ' in the name of God' like in the crusades just because they believed God ordered them.. I'm sorry but I can't believe that God wanted that .. anyway...I can do the same, I will kill people and say in the name of the Queen of Holland I have to kill all - you name it .. and then everyone who heard that will believe that I did that in the name of the Queen, because I might know her Wink I hope you got the point Wink So my opinion about Christianity, as a religion, I don't like it, as a way of life, I mean by that, by the law God has given in His bible, and the guidance of God, I like it Smile For me Christianity is not a religion, but a lifestyle and a relationship with God and Jesus.

I hope I was clear, and if you have questions (a) just feel freeeeeeeeeeeee Smile

Mirupafshim ( or in other words: Ciao!)
Martijn
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:59 am

I keep hearing Christians revering to Christianity as a lifestyle rather then a religion. But why exactly? What is your definition of religion, and what is your definition of lifestyle? And why do you prefer the term lifestyle?
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male
Number of posts : 51

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:47 am

I've heard it referred to as a lifestyle in reference to Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons which are denominations of Christianity.

There is a lifestyle within a religion but I’d say that’s due to the fact that there is a certain system of traditions and customs within each religion. I like the idea of Christianity with the exception of the fact that if you'll go to hell if you don't believe Jesus was the son of God. The general message of Christianity is to love one another, to help one another, to forgive one another, to not judge one another, to live a decent life.

Yes, many wrongs have been committed in the name of Christianity but the religious system itself is not at fault for the actions of fanatics.
Back to top Go down
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:50 am

Christians also believe that a judgment of us all is still to come and that no one knows when that time will come. I believe its referenced as "A thief in the night".

Revelations is an interesting read. Lots of bloodshed and suffering.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Yes, many of the stories in the bible are quite interesting. But the way they are written sometimes makes them boring to read. Which, of course, is only to be expected from a book that is as old as the bible is.

I personally prefer to see the stories in the bible as symbolic, instead of literal. As I do with all theist belief systems. I don't agree with the general message of self-sacrifice, loving all others like yourself and seeing all people as equal, no matter what they do. But it's an interesting read non-the-less, and every religion contains some truth in one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
SekhmetCLS
Bird of prey
SekhmetCLS

Male
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:09 pm

To say the obvious in short: How do they expect us to believe in a god that commited/made others commit countless crimes. I can't stand the fact that every oldest son of the Egyptians got murdered by an angel...angels!? Yes angels! Beings described as pure and beautifull as can be...murdering people.

That ruined the entire book for me right then and there.

If he's so all powerfull, why not find a peacefull solution? Instead of being a fanboy of the jews. <-- that's not fair, because since the new book (the jesus part that is) he wants (big word, you get the idea) to be loved by everyone, and everyone is welcome to his embrace...

Always sorry to say these kind of things, hate hurting others for the things they believe in and which help them through hard times, but there is no clear rulebook. Only thing the christians "have" is a book full of horrible crimes and beautifull deeds.

To me, that sounds like a killer redeeming himself.

Compare it with the biggest criminal in the world suddenly wanting to become president/etc.

I liked the stories tho, Jesus was my super hero.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/sekhmetcls/index.htm
STR8LOCO1
Rodent
STR8LOCO1

Male

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:23 pm

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him GOD?

-Epicurus
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Plant
Jazz

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 12:41 pm

Im myself still a bit unsure what my religion means to me, I consider myself a christian because I believe in God, but Ive been getting different feelings with my relation to God and Christ. This would basically be the case because Ive always been going to church without further hesitation and ive been raised being a christian.

Im trying to figure it out myself by now, what it means to me exactly.. though the thought of you doing satanism at first, didn't feel right to me, tho when I read your beliefs the things you stand for, it does not compare to what Ive thought of what satanists actually do.

I still don't understand what kind of 'power' you believe in tho.. if you believe in a dark power, one which is dead and hollow, doesn't that also mean that you believe there is a good power? One of light and greatness? And why do you state that you don't actually believe in Satan, but you do use the symbols and names that he is called?? (referring to the image in your avatar space) Isn't that kind of a contradictory when you say a creature as him, does not deserve to be worshipped or even have a religion named after him?
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:21 pm

I belief that this power, Satan, Nature, God, or what ever you wish to call it, is both dark and light, life and death, creation and destruction. I do belief in Satan, but not in Satan as an actual being or fallen angel. A force can't think and make decisions. It just is what it is. It's not good or bad, it doesn't care about us and it does not need to be worshiped.

The symbols might mean different things then someone raised with Christianity would expect. The serpent is Ouroboros, it represents everlasting nature, the circle of life, life and death.

The goat is Baphomet, or Satan. It represent instinct and wisdom and humanity as a species of animal.

P.s. Welcome to the forum! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jazz
Plant
Jazz

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 1:43 pm

To me Satan is horrible creature who was created by God and who is only allowed to do things that He gives him the capability of to be somewhat a test on whose road humans will follow..

And thanks, I thought it was interesting to discuss some things about religion once in a while. It can also make me think more often about mine and I was highly curious about the content of yours. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christianity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christianity   Christianity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christianity
Page 1 of 1