Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cool genetic defects

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female
Number of posts : 996
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:57 pm

It doesn't matter if a child is conceived naturally or through insemination, it still contributes to overpopulation. And my genes aren't the best ones around. There are a lot of illnesses and disorders in my family, and it would be irresponsible for me to breed and take the change of passing it on to the next generation.

There is no natural selection in our species, the next best option is selective breeding. I know not everyone will agree, and I will be one of the few that decides that I am not fit to pass on my genes, but all little bits help. And hopefully, more will follow in the future. If not, it could be what ends up destroying our species.

At least this way, it's not my fault.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zarra.nl
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:12 am

Zarra wrote:
It doesn't matter if a child is conceived naturally or through insemination, it still contributes to overpopulation. And my genes aren't the best ones around. There are a lot of illnesses and disorders in my family, and it would be irresponsible for me to breed and take the change of passing it on to the next generation.

There is no natural selection in our species, the next best option is selective breeding. I know not everyone will agree, and I will be one of the few that decides that I am not fit to pass on my genes, but all little bits help. And hopefully, more will follow in the future. If not, it could be what ends up destroying our species.

At least this way, it's not my fault.

I cant believe you don’t want a child of your own flesh and blood, it is kind of weird you’re a willing to sacrifice your own happiness to “help” the world……I will understand if you told me something on the lines of not wanting to carry a life inside you and carry with it and all its symptoms for 9 months….

But not have your own child to “help” this world and not feel guilty about bringing a child who is not going to be very healthy seems kind of extreme……
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:23 am

The truth is that I would not feel guilty towards the world, I would feel guilty towards the child, if it inherits my weaknesses. It does not make me unhappy to make this "sacrifice". It would make me unhappy to place that burden upon a innocent new life.

If I really want a child, I don't care if it's biologically mine. I care if it's healthy and happy. And I care if the world would still be suitable for humans to live in.
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:05 am

Zarra wrote:
The truth is that I would not feel guilty towards the world, I would feel guilty towards the child, if it inherits my weaknesses. It does not make me unhappy to make this "sacrifice". It would make me unhappy to place that burden upon a innocent new life.

If I really want a child, I don't care if it's biologically mine. I care if it's healthy and happy. And I care if the world would still be suitable for humans to live in.

Zarra please, you sound as if you had the aids or something!!! medicine has come a long way, kids are healthier, mankind is dying older than they did in the past.....I’m sure you kid will be just fine...

If you chose a dad like me you know: Strong, Healthy, Athletic, Genetically Perfect, I’m sure your baby will be just fine and not only that he will be super cute!!! Very Happy Smile
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:39 am

I don't want a child that needs medication. Mankind is NOT healthy if it can only live with the help of doctors.

And no, I don't have Aids, but I do carry genes that I don't want to pass on to a child, because they would interfere with their every day live, and possibly shorten their lifespan.

I would not cripple a child after birth, and I will not give birth to one that has an increased change of all kinds of illnesses and disorders. Because to me, those two things are both just as bad.

I would like most for natural selection to come back to mankind and thin out the herd, because that would be the only true solution. But if we can't or won't allow that to happen, the next best option is selective breeding.

If I can convince others to keep from giving birth to sick children, great, if not, at least I will feel comfort in knowing that I did what I belief to be right.
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:40 pm

Zarra wrote:
I don't want a child that needs medication. Mankind is NOT healthy if it can only live with the help of doctors.

And no, I don't have Aids, but I do carry genes that I don't want to pass on to a child, because they would interfere with their every day live, and possibly shorten their lifespan.

I would not cripple a child after birth, and I will not give birth to one that has an increased change of all kinds of illnesses and disorders. Because to me, those two things are both just as bad.

I would like most for natural selection to come back to mankind and thin out the herd, because that would be the only true solution. But if we can't or won't allow that to happen, the next best option is selective breeding.

If I can convince others to keep from giving birth to sick children, great, if not, at least I will feel comfort in knowing that I did what I belief to be right.

Why so serious.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Why not? It's a serious subject. We have enough other topics for spamming and joking around.
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:54 pm

But, let's get back on topic.

Polydactyly, more fingers or toes then usual, or double hands/feet. It's common in some breeds of cat;

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Polydactyly_01_Lfoot_AP

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 496px-Polydactyly_01_Lhand_AP

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Gr312

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Morgan

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 DoveMourningPolydactylR01

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Doublepaw3
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Dark Jjay wrote:
Zarra wrote:

Why so serious.

exactly!!! she didnt ever comment on me being super cute and perfect!! meh!!!

And she knows im for realz!!! LoLz…
Back to top Go down
Dark Jjay
Wolf
Dark Jjay

Male
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Lol yeah xD
Back to top Go down
Sigma.
Wolf
Sigma.

Male
Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:00 am

I want 4 thumbs!
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Genetic disorders seem to be quite popular among cat breeders:

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 7151-004-DF7EAC3B

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Scottish-fold-111

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Scottish-fold-cat-2

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Flipdown

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Flipup2

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 1024308555_c6b7b9e220

Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Srjeroma
Back to top Go down
Vlad
Wolf
Vlad

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:34 pm

Sigma. wrote:
I want 4 thumbs!

Liar....
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:59 am

The world's tallest and smallest man

Self induced defect:
Fingernails
Back to top Go down
Zarra
Wolf
Zarra

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:15 pm

More stuff about the albino killings:
Youtube link
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool genetic defects   Cool genetic defects - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool genetic defects
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3